Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dreams.

I woke from a bizarre dream this morning. I was in a park with my mother and Kate, and we were having a picnic. I was about 9 years old, so that would have made my sister around 7. As we are shaking out our blanket to lay in the grass, we notice a woman sitting cross-legged nearby with her back to us. Because of the close proximity my mother asks the woman if she doesn't mind the company. When the woman turns to us to answer, she is a younger version of my mother, about twenty years old. The younger Carrie is surprised by this, and even I am for recognizing the strangeness of the situation. Kate doesn't seem to notice, because she is already off playing in a field. But my mother isn't startled by this, and approaches the woman for a conversation. They talk quietly among themselves, and an understanding seems to be reached. When my mother comes back to the blanket, the encounter isn't mentioned or discussed, and we go about our picnic as though nothing ever happened.
I have been thinking about this all day, wondering what it means. ~ Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment