Sunday, April 24, 2011

Being Mom

I am the mother of three amazing young women, Sarah who is 28 and aspires to be a writer and is off to a beautiful start as she is nearly finishing her masters in creative writing, Kate who is 25 and recently married to the love of her life and living in England, and Molly, who at 20 years old is just beginning to think about all of the posssibilities in her life, including education and geography.

There has been no greater journey in my life than being a mother. I am constantly challenged to be the best that I can be because I value so deeply their pride in being my daughters.  For now I will say that all that is good in my life is connected to the deep commitment and love that I feel for them.

Writing about our relationships to each other and our views and feeling about our collective life experiences will be still another remarkable endeavor that I look forward to as this project evolves.  Welcome to the beginning of something so very lovely and how apt that it should begin on Easter Sunday, a day that was very important to my mother, Norma, who started the Red Dress Conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment