Wednesday, June 17, 2015


Dear Molly

I am not sure how many miles you have run or traveled in twenty five years my sweet daughter, but one thing I know for sure, is that you are moving towards something important. You have worked hard and waited patiently for your turn at the table and all you ever talk about is what you plan to give, what you hope to contribute to this planet and to others.

Your footprint has been both gentle and important. I am not sure that you know or understand the power of your presence in the lives of others. You have brought me to tears with laughter with your take on life, what is odd and curious about human behavior, including my own. You remind me not to take myself so seriously. 

You came into this life as the surviving Gemini, a twin, strong and hearty, always walking your own path, independent and fierce, making clear that no one else would define you. You are fearless in your determination and I am in awe of your strength and courage. 

The ground work has been laid. You know that when you run it requires one foot in front of the next and that the path behind you, all the knots, twisted roots, elements that greet you when you change elevation, are part of the course, intended to prepare you for what is to come. And what is to come will be good. This life, your life, will continue to be rich as you learn what is possible in yourself and others. And you will breathe easy, no matter how high the mountain. The gift is not necessarily the coast down nor the view from the top. It's each moment that makes up the journey, the people you meet along the way, glorious intersections with others wiser than ourselves, the quiet that settles in whether you are still or moving, paying attention to each breath, peace that comes with understanding,
and the grace to accept it all.

Happy Birthday Beauty. I am celebrating your birth. I am proud to be your mother, pleased that you chose me.

I love you.

Madre

No comments:

Post a Comment